Ever since Collis announced back in August this year that our eight marketplaces would collectively be called Envato Market, which was round about the time I started working for Envato, I have been keeping track of everything that has been going on across all Envato sites and markets.
And it has really been one busy year!
Week Ending: August the 16th, 2014
- Collis announced that all of our marketplaces will now collectively be called Envato Market.
- The community team launched our new Envato Market social channels on Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
- Our long-running Notes blog relaunched as Market Blog.
- To celebrate our rebrand, we launched the The Envato Market Bundle.
- Giancarlo announced two new marketplace features: smarter recommendations on purchase pages, and an awesome ‘trending’ filter on all search results.
- The second part of our inspiring Envato Stories series rolled out, featuring Muhammad Haris from Themefusion.
- Tuts+ celebrated their 8th birthday.
- We announced the roll out of a , with a bunch of new rewards, including a trip into outer space!
- ImanGM was announced as this months Community Superstar, you should .
- ThemeForest has cracked Alexa’s list of the world’s top 100 websites.
Week Ending: August the 23rd, 2014
- To celebrate our 8th Birthday, we gave all of our authors .
- We also redesiged the community badges for our birthday.
- If you would like to take a closer look at those gorgeous badges, Kate wrote about the .
- Tuts+ Mananger David Appleyard was featured in this weeks episode of Envato Stories.
- Collis took part in the Ice Bucket Challenge.
Week Ending: August the 30th, 2014
- Collis announced new support plans for ThemeForest and CodeCanyon, and followed it up with a second post to answer forum questions.
- Tuts+ this week launched their .
- Envato Studio introduced their new affiliate program.
- We announced some fresh and forthcoming changes to our music licenses.
- This weeks Envato Stories featured Rizki Ratria (r4pro).
- WordPress 4.0 was released.
- Envato is named Australia’s Coolest Tech Company by careers website JobAdvisor.
Week Ending: September the 6th, 2014
- Collis announced that there will be improvements to the purchase experience…
- …and you can read all about what’s changing in rates, fees, and other changes that affect authors here.
- After we were made aware of serious vulnerabilities in the Revolution Slider and the Showbiz Pro WordPress plugins, we put together a set of steps affected buyers could take to secure their sites.
- Dan & Jade ' '.
- We begun rolling out some changes to the watermarking of Market images.
- Will from the Growth Team, announced .
- Tash released the gender diversity figures for Envato.
- In this week's episode of Envato Stories we met Power Elite author Andy Wilkerson, aka Parallelus.
Week Ending: September the 13th, 2014
- We visually refreshed the mareketplace completed purchase pages.
- Tuts+ released an important update to their email preference center.
- Inside Envato published an interview with full stack developer Stuart Richardson.
- In this weeks episode of Envato Stories we met Isabel Castillo Guijarro (isabelmdd).
- Power Elite Author Kyle Wakefield (ThemeCo) was interviewed on Mixergy.
Week Ending: September the 20th, 2014
- Calin announced that !
- was added to the Power Elite Wall of Fame.
- We released a visual refresh of our item preview header.
- Our brand new music licensing went live.
- Tuts+ Editor Ian Yates wrote about some of the things he learned from their huge Translation Project.
- In this weeks episode of Envato Stories we met Envato staff members Jarel and Kai Loon.
- 5 years and 2 babies later, David (dtbaker) shared a few great moments from his incredible journey with us.
- We have paid out over $200 million to our 4 million community members.
Week Ending: September the 27th, 2014
- Tash published an in-depth post on the password reset project that happened across Market and Studio last May.
- In this weeks Envato Stories we met Chris Zammit, known as Zlaws on Envato Studio.
- Xavier from Tuts+ wrote an article about his experience with startups, In Praise of Side Projects.
- Sufyan took a look at the the current state of WordPress blogging themes on ThemeForest.
Week Ending: October the 4th, 2014
- were welcomed into the Envato Power Elite Wall of Fame.
- This weeks edition of Envato Stories featured Envato community team member Calin Teodorescu.
- We updated the position and style of the social sharing buttons on all item pages.
- We rolled out “Sign In Verification.”
- We moved access to the author stats (available on analytics.envato.com) to a tab on authors’ item pages.
- Eric published a post explaining what Envato’s Most Wanted (EMW) events and why we do them.
Week Ending: October the 11th, 2014
- This week began with the unveiling of a new Help Centre.
- We rolled out a new customization service for some GraphicRiver categories.
- We announced the release of the Author Vacation Tool.
- A new version of the author earnings page was released.
- We began collecting relevant US Author information through an IRS Form W-9.
- This weeks Envato Stories featured Sukianto 'Suki' Tan.
- Tuts+ wrote about how they're using Trello to simplify their editorial process.
- Saijo shared some great resources to help promote marketplace items.
Week Ending: October the 18th, 2014
- Swift Ideas became our latest addition to the Elite Wall of Fame!
- Our ' ' Halloween contest went live.
- This weeks edition of Envato Stories featured To?ke´s Tama´s (TomJr).
- We released some small improvements to the item support tab, contact form emails and author settings.
- Faceted search made it's debut on Envato Market.
Week Ending: October the 25th, 2014
- We announced plans for opt-in and time-limited item support.
- AudioJungle blew past a run rate of US$10m per year!
- In this week's Envato Stories we met Tuts+ video production instructor Jordy Vandeput.
- The most popular post on Market Blog was published: An Extensive Collection of Cheatsheets for Web Designers.
Week Ending: November the 1st, 2014
- Muffin Group have cooked up a $1M storm and had been added to the Power Elite Wall of Fame.
- Studio unveiled a new look to their service and provider profile pages.
- We announced our .
- Dribble made it easier to .
Week Ending: November the 8th, 2014
- have been added to the Envato Power Elite Wall of Fame.
- In this weeks edition of Envato Stories, we met Ibrahim Rodríguez.
- We of the Little Monsters Halloween contest.
- We also announced our .
- We removed support for the SSLv3 protocol from all secure services.
- Dan wrote about the The Future of Email Marketing.
Week Ending: November the 15th, 2014
- You can read all about how community member Baptiste Greve built an iOS game on a $20 budget.
- Sharon Milne, obsessed vector illustrator and Tuts+ Design & Illustrator Editor, was featured in this weeks Envato Stories.
- Collis published a post that addressed some financial concerns from our community: Authors, VAT and a Global Marketplace.
Week Ending: November the 22nd, 2014
- We announced the rollout of new Express Services in categories on GraphicRiver, PhotoDune & CodeCanyon.
- We introduced a default withdrawal account feature and express withdrawals for large balances.
- The Gift of Giving Advent Calendar launched.
- You could have won a share of $1,000 in our !
- You could have also won a share of $750 in our .
- The , and Tuts+ have graphs to prove it.
Week Ending: November the 29th, 2014
- We rolled out one of our most requested features – the shopping cart!
- Scott Parry from LoveThemes shared some tips for getting through the ThemeForest review process.
- Tobia Cohen showed us how Tuts+ are using modules to organize their front-end code.
- Inside Envato wrote about Hannah Wolfe, the CTO of Ghost.
- Jake Rocheleau took a look at some the latest WordPress magazine design trends.
Week Ending: December the 7th, 2014
- We announced the November .
- Damir wrote about Design Party, an event that involved staff from all parts of Envato.
Week Ending: December the 13th, 2014
- In accordance with changes to the EU VAT rules, we announced that in early 2015 we'll start collecting EU Value Added Tax (VAT) from non-business EU buyers.
- You can read all about the Indonesian Envato Authors National Meetup that Josh Janssen attended.
Week Ending: December the 20th, 2014
- OTop-selling WordPress Theme Avada broke the 100,000 sales barrier.
- ThemeFusion also purchased 500 copies of The Christmas for the Children digital album.
- We announced the winners of our recent .
- Inside Envato published a list of all upcoming Envato Meetups.
- Collis shared some .
- Sharon Milne and how you can be a part of it.
Week Ending: December the 27th, 2014
- We published the top 50 new WordPress Plugins of 2014…
- …and the top 50 new WordPress Themes of 2014
- The Gift of Giving Calendar finished.
- Tuts+ launched Twitter accounts for posting Portuguese and Spanish translations.
It really has been one heck of a year! It’s never been easier to buy something, to sell something, or learn something. And things won’t be slowing down any time soon here at Envato, so buckle up and get ready for 2015, there will be plenty more on it’s way!
Have a Happy New Year everyone!