- Best free WordPress themes 2016
- The top 25 bestselling themes of the year
- 5 Best New Blog & Magazine Themes of 2016
- 5 Best New Corporate WordPress Themes of 2016
- 5 Best New Creative WordPress Themes for 2016
- 5 Best New eCommerce WordPress Themes for 2016
- 5 Best New Education WordPress Themes for 2016
- 5 Best New Non Profit WordPress Themes for 2016
- 5 Best New Real Estate WordPress Themes for 2016
- More resources for building your best website
Top 25 bestselling themes of this year:
“Avada is the swiss army knife of WordPress Themes – it does everything!” Collis Ta’eed (Envato CEO)Avada is a versatile, easy to use and multi-purpose WordPress theme. This premium theme has been the #1 seller on ThemeForest for 4 years, with almost 300,000 sales – can it ever be trumped?
2. X ThemeX Theme was built with the input of industry-leading experts with the goal of being on the cutting edge of WordPress development. Numerous individuals were consulted and asked what sort of features they wanted to see in a theme from an SEO, design and feature-set perspective. The proof of success is obviously demonstrated in sales. Did we mention that X customers can choose between Cornerstone, X’s own front-end page builder, or the very powerful Visual Composer? Both plugins are included with each verified purchase.
3. EnfoldEnfold Theme describes itself as clean, super flexible, fully responsive and suited for business and shop websites alike as well as for users who want to showcase their work on a neat portfolio site. The theme is built on top of the Avia Framework and offers support for the WPML multi language plugin – who doesn’t want to internationalise their site?
4. BridgeBridge is another WordPress theme that comes with a one click import feature for their demo themes. Choose your favorite design or style, import pages and settings and in moments you can have a fully equipped website up and running. Bridge is also built on the flexible QODE framework.
5. SalientWith over 50,000 total sales to date, Salient is definitely a deserving best in any WordPress theme list. Salient is designed to support any blog and website and is unique in it’s beautiful ability to display videos as backgrounds. The Salient team have also taken the time to build very easy to use shortcodes that new and experienced WP customisers alike will enjoy.
6. BeThemeBeTheme is another long time best seller on ThemeForest. With an advanced options panel combined with a drag & drop builder tool there is unlimited possibilities with this WordPress theme. BeTheme also comes with a HUGE range of pre-built websites so you can easily import any demo website with one click. Be’s catalogue of ready to go demos include everything from themes for accountants, ad agencies, bands, bars, carpenters, charities, freelancers, hotels, jewellers and record stores.
7. JupiterJupiter WordPress theme has 45,000 active users worldwide – an impressive endorsement! Jupiter’s creator Artbees describes the theme as the fastest and lightest business WordPress theme on the market which is super important in an age when search engines will rank or not rank your website over page load time. Jupiter is a great option particularly for small businesses, enterprises and online shop owners and comes equipped with the WooCommerce plugin.
uDesign is a responsive theme that’s mobile-ready, with an easy to use drag-and-drop page builder. With dedicated support specialists and an exclusive support forum with over 20,000 questions answered, the tech support for this theme is top notch.
The7 is one of the most customizable themes on the market, and it seamlessly integrates with visual composer. There’s almost 800 options for this theme, and it has 26 pre-built websites – all with a different look, making this a versatile and adaptable purchase. It’s also WooCommerce-compatible!
10. FlatsomeFlatsome is a best selling WooCommerce integrated theme which can create super fast websites with unlimited options using a very neat responsive page builder. This them also comes with 500+ Google fonts built in!
11. NewspaperSupporting YouTube video integration and YouTube rating system, Newspaper is the top selling WordPress theme specifically for content, articles and blogging. This theme also integrates easily with bbPress Forum, BuddyPress and WooCommerce, plus responsive Google Ads and AdSense.
12. KarmaOne customer says that this theme is the “best one I have used out of a good 100 themes on this marketplace.” With built-in karma page builder, visual composer, layerslider, revolution slider, woocommerce, and wpml certification, you save $90 by purchasing this theme.
13. BrooklynOne of the bestselling themes in the creative category, Brooklyn has a one-click install and a unique design that features big images and bold typography.
14. SahifaOne of the best in blog & news themes, Sahifa is a five-star theme. The grid-based layout highlights your content in an easy to navigate way, and features like social widgets make it interactive for users. It also includes $74 worth of free plugins!
15. KALLYASA versatile, visual website builder with over 20,000 positive reviews. This theme comes with lifetime free updates, video tutorials, and new demos each month. We’ve featured the ‘jewelry’ demo, but it has many more, including layouts for portfolio, photographers, creative agencies, travel, and more.
16. Total“It’s called Total for a reason,” claims this theme – because it can do it all. Drag & drop page building, live customizations, premium sliders, unlimited color options, and easy setup. It’s also tested with popular plugins, like Yoast SEO, Contact Form 7, W3 Total Cache, and WPML Translations.
17. ImprezaImpreza has a gallery of real websites made with Impreza, and they’re all stunning – a great reference to gather inspiration for building your own site.
Striking Multiflex theme is a theme that’s adaptable for any business need. Their support is often commented on as being some of the best in the business! It’s easy to see why this theme has 19,000 sales and counting.
Kingsize is a 100% responsive theme that’s a bestseller as a photo WordPress template. The color customization is unlimited, with 7 unique galleries, fullscreen backgrounds, and widget-ready footer and sidebars. It also has language localization and it’s tested for multiple browsers.
Want 350 font choices and 15 background patterns? Modernize has a modern design, and it’s SEO-optimized.
Clean, white space and clear grid lines are just one defining feature of Stockholm, a ‘genuinely multiconcept theme’. It has customizable header styles, 600+ Google fonts, and all of the elements can be mixed-and-matched to create a unique website experience.
This theme offers a 30-days money back guarantee, which is unique for our market. It’s a detail-oriented, modern layout with an advanced grid system, 6+ menu styles, and multiple variations. It also has a media library that connects seamlessly with Spotify, Vimeo, Twitter, Flickr, and more.
A multipurpose theme that’s easy to use and retina-ready, this theme also includes many high-value plugins, useful shortcodes, and pre-configured page layouts.
With over 100,000 customers, this theme is one of the most trusted on the site. 3 homepage styles, 8 custom widgets, 4 portfolio styles, and shortcodes means it’s simple to use and great for showcasing photography.
25. Real Homes
Real Homes is the #1 Real Estate Theme on Themeforest. It has customizable fields for property searches, and anything a real estate business might need for their online presence.