It’s Christmas card-making season! November is the time that we (those of us who want to avoid the generic, mass-made Christmas card designs) start looking for Christmas card ideas that we can DIY for that personal touch.
But self-designed, handmade cards take time researching, designing, cutting and gluing and it’s amazing how quickly December arrives and you still haven’t finished, let alone started posting.
This year, skip straight to the printing, folding and mailing with these 27 fresh ideas for your 2016 Christmas card mailout. Snap up one of these unique designs for beautiful, handmade(ish) (folding totally counts as hand-made), customized Christmas cards for your family and friends.
1. We do love this adorable illustrated Christmas themed cityscape card design. We’ve never seen anything quite like it.
2. This 10 pack of vintage Christmas card designs is definitely a favourite pick for Christmas 2016.
3. Santa and a pirate? Yes, please.
4. Pop-up Christmas cards. No more words needed.
5. Get modern with your traditional with this divine Christmas watercolour vector.
6. Pop-Art Santa rockstar will only bring smiles.
7. This illustrated Rudolf pushing Santa’s sleigh card design brought a smile to our faces.
8. Vintage styles in design are still going strong with this cute vintage christmas card set.
9. Take the opportunity to personalise this vintage Christmas card design with a family photo.
10. You can’t go wrong with this elegant winter card design.
11. This 6 pack of cartoon Christmas designs is a winner for those wanting something fun for 2016.
12. This simple vintage design will be a definite standout on the mantle in the homes of your family and friends.
13. This 4 pack minimal vintage designs will mean your Christmas 2016 mailout is all class.
14. Who can resist the idea of Santa and Rudolph taking a hot air balloon rather than a sleigh this year?
15. We like this more traditional holly tree design using modern vivid red and blues.
16. Toy graphics with retro styling? This is a definite crowd-pleaser.
17. Pop-art Santa will stand out on everyone’s mantlepiece.
18. Just a cute Christmas bear. How could we not include it?
19. You can’t go wrong with clean, minimal, modern, simple design (in a 10 pack!)
20. This is another hard-to-go-past vintage card design set.
21. Go non-traditional with this black and white Christmas card design.
22. Simple, clean, not quite retro. We want to describe this card set ‘modern French Provincial’.
23. A little more work required on this template as it’s a vector, not a card, but well worth the extra effort to apply to your own card template.
24. Create 100 different cards (or more!) with this hand-drawn Christmas vector pack.
25. Technically not a card template, but this Christmas comic template is too fun not to customize onto your own card.
26. Also not a card, why not make your own wrapping paper?
27. Last but not least, obligatory cute animals celebrating Christmas.
Read more: Cheery Christmas Graphic Designs