Good news! We’ve developed a simple feature that will allow you to add a list of “Extras” to your Envato Studio services. This is a great way to upsell other services and increase the revenue you get for an order. On average, we have found that extras add an additional $40 to a service sale price.
So what exactly are extras? Extras are additional tasks that can be added to the initial service a customer purchases. This may include:
- A common task or requirement following on from the original service
- A common variation to the service
- Something that your clients are frequently asking for already
Typically they are small in size and cost compared with the original service, and need to be very easy to explain. Some examples of extras that we are seeing perform well include:
- Bundling related service (e.g. Logo plus business card)
- Fast delivery (eg. 1-day turnaround. Be mindful that we will take this into account for any disputes that are raised on the basis of turnaround time)
- Additional services (eg. Setup and configure plugins for WordPress related services)
- Breaking down an existing service into smaller chunks
The possibilities are endless, so be creative!
In terms of how it works, it is nice and simple:
- When you go to the Your Services page you will see a new link beside each service titled, “Manage Extras”.
- That will take you to a page where you can enter the description and price for the extras that you want to make available for this specific service.
- You can add up to five extras per service.
- The combined price of your extras and service must be < $2500 to keep projects to a reasonable size.
- Your extras will be added to the service page immediately.
- For now, if you want to change the description or price of an extra you’ll need to remove it and try again
A buyer can select the extras on the service page, but also on the brief and payment page. You’ll be able to see if any extras have been ordered when you go to the job timeline.
It’s worth noting the following:
- Buyers won’t be able to add extras to a job once it’s already begun. We intend to add this functionality at a later date.
- If a job includes extras and is refunded, then the refund will be for the entire amount – the base service price plus the price of whichever extras were ordered.
That covers everything! Let us know if you have any questions or feedback and have fun with this feature!