PrestaShop is currently one of the most popular and most used eCommerce platforms in the world. Powering a growing number of eCommerce sites, it was also recently voted one of the best eCommerce platforms by our community. In addition to offering 300 powerful features for everything from flexible catalogs to better search rankings, you can now install PrestaShop via one-click installs on many of the world’s top hosting companies.
Below, we’ll walk you though installing PrestaShop via one-click installation on inMotion, though myriad hosting providers offer one-click installs, such as A2 Hosting and Arvixe to name a few. All you need to get started is a hosting plan, and a valid domain name to use along with your site. Let’s begin!
Log Into Your Account Management Panel
Log in to your inMotion Account Management Panel (AMP) with your inMotion Hosting username (your full registered email address) and password.
Under your preferred domain, click Install Popular Software to view a range of CMS and ecommerce software solutions to choose from for your site.
On the next screen, you’ll find PrestaShop available as an option to install; click Install PrestaShop to proceed.
Fill out the details on the installation page
- Choose the version you want to install: Select the latest version (usually pre-selected by default), to ensure maximum security and functionality. In our case, the current latest version is 22.214.171.124.
- Choose Protocol: Select http:// unless you have an SSL certificate for your site (in which case you should select https://).
- Choose Domain: Select one of your domain names registered and set up with your hosting account to use for this site.
- In Directory: Leave this blank if you’d like for visitors to find your store at yourdomainname.com. If you’d like to have them find it at yourdomainname.com/store, enter the name for that folder (‘store’ in this case) in this field.
- Database Name: This is prefilled, so you don’t really need to change it unless you’re planning to tinker with the installation much.
- Store Name: Enter the name of your store, such as “Ron’s Custom Guitars” or “InFashion”.
- Admin Folder: Enter a folder name that will be used to access your shop. If the admin folder is named admin123, you’ll be able to access the backend of your Prestashop store at yourdomain.com/admin123, or yourdomainname.com/store/admin123 if your PrestaShop installation is located in a folder called store.
- Table Prefix: Leave this alone unless you’re planning to play around with the store database.
- Admin Email: Create a username for the administrator of your PrestaShop store.
- Admin Password: Create a strong password, using letters, numbers and symbols.
- Admin Email: Enter an email address to which PrestaShop’s system can send messages.
- First Name and Last Name: Enter your administrator’s name for the PrestaShop system to address him/her correctly.
Click Install at the bottom of the page
And that’s it! Your PrestaShop installation will then complete in a few seconds (or a few minutes if servers are slow), and you’ll be good to go. PrestaShop will set up a sample store for you, pre-populated with dummy products so you can login to the backend and see everything works.
ThemeForest offers 140+ unique PrestaShop themes, built to function out of the box. Every theme is reviewed for functionality and design too. If you want to add some extra features to your store, such as fancy displays or search engine optimizers, check out the 70+ unique PrestaShop add-ons and modules available at CodeCanyon.