Events are an ingrained part of our culture. But in the last decade, the way in which we communicate their existence to the people we want to attend has gone completely digital. Social media and Meetup.com have become the new defaults in this era of networking. But if you’re an events business, you’re probably going to want a home that you’re fully in control of.
A website is the obvious answer for you. But while choosing to build your site on the WordPress platform may seem like a no brainer, choosing a good WordPress event theme is often harder than it looks. It can be very confusing, with so many themes at your disposal, to choose the right one for you.
So today we’re going make it easy for you,by running you through seven of the best WordPress event themes that’ll put your next conference, concert or training workshop on show, and give your attendees the best sign up experience imaginable.
Our selections are based on market research, user experience, functionality and design. Choosing a WordPress event theme will no longer be a conundrum after reading this article, as we’ve considered most of the areas of an event website.
Let’s get into it.
Eventum is the kind of WordPress event theme that serves all your event needs. Seriously, think of anything you’d need for an event website and this theme has got it. It’s highly functional, lightweight, fast loading and efficiently coded. From small meetups to large conferences, any size and type of event can be managed on a website powered by Eventum.
- Totally purpose oriented design
- Dedicated for events and event type websites
- RTL & translation ready
- 4 different preset colors and rich theme options
- User friendly admin interface
- 100% responsive design and mobile friendly
- Premium Visual Composer and Slider Revolution plugins included for free
- Supports Contact Form 7 plugin
- HTML5 and CSS3, Google Fonts support
- Extensively documented
Ventcamp is a complete event website theme with dozens of elements that provide a lot of style variations. It lets you create almost any type of event website, irrespective of size and type. The event schedule design is able to provide unmatched flexibility and variations. And the new speakers block showcases the speakers of your events in the best possible way.
- Fully responsive and mobile friendly
- Built on Bootstrap framework 3.x.
- Valid HTML5 & CSS3
- Smooth HTML5 & CSS3 transitions/animations
- 8 different homepage layouts included
- 100+ HTML element variations
- 5 color schemes
- 1000 iOS 7 vector line icons set included
- Integrated Font Awesome 4.0
- Awesome backgrounds
- Cross browser compatiblity
- Homepage PSD’s included
Evont is a modern WordPress theme for events and conferences. It specializes in housing conferences, meetups, ceremonies and seminars, among some other event types. Besides serving providing most features you’d need for an event, Evont works well for courses too. And it supports one-click setup, which is super intuitive for users. This template was made after researching hundreds of events websites available in the market.
- Well documented
- Cross-browser compatibility
- 24/6 professional support
- One-click demo content import system
- Font Awesome icons
- Regularly updated
- Visual Composer page builder (premium plugin)
- 700+ Google Fonts
- Responsive layout on Bootstrap
- Revolution Slider (premium plugin)
- Theme options with real-time WP customizer
- Team page templates
- Advanced blog layout templates
- Easy schedule management
- Easy speaker management system
- Generate unlimited skin colors
- 5 slider layout options
If you are looking for a theme with an elegant design and a wide variety of functionality, Xpo is the right choice for you. Xpo gives you nine different home pages to choose from. Three premium plugins (Visual Composer, Slider Revolution, and Timetable Responsive Schedule) are provided for free with the theme package. On the top of everything, speaker pop up and WooCommerce integration would add a lot of essential functionalities to your website.
- Event time tables
- One-click import
- Amazing layouts
- Awesome infographics
- SEO optimized
- WooCommerce integrated
- Free plugins
- Speaker layouts
- Conference pages
- Fully responsive
- Intuitive admins
- Typography options
Electron WordPress theme comes with a view to uniting people in celebration. This theme is specially made for music events. It gives you a drag and drop page builder, worth $34, making it easy to customize the theme and make changes on the fly.
- Incredibly clean and unique in design
- Drag and drop page builder worth $34
- Normal & off-canvas menu styles
- Choose your own colors
- Tickera Events integrated
- Eventbrite integrated
- .pot file ready to translate theme (translation ready)
- Event map direction
- Responsive layout
- Twitter Bootstrap 3 framework
- Advanced theme options
- Visual Composer
- Newsletter & Contact Form 7
Eventerra is a premium WordPress theme for events, conferences, symposiums, exhibitions, training workshops and more. It can also be used for open lesson sites. The theme has just about everything you need to make an event site: you can set your schedule, agenda, speakers and sponsors. Eventerra uses different plugins that add a lot of functionality to your website.
- Visual Composer plugin integrated
- Slider Revolution and Layer Slider plugins
- Tickera Event ticketing system plugin compatible
- Contact Form 7 plugin compatible
- WPML plugin compatible
- One click demo content import system
- Six predefined color schemes
- Unlimited color variations
- Sitemap page template
- Retina ready
- Fully responsive
- Multicolumn drop-down mega menu
- Facebook comments integrated
- Automatically updated via Envato API
- Translation ready with ‘po’ files
- WordPress multisite compatibility
Meetup is a WordPress theme for events/conferences and best known for its attractive design. It gives you the opportunity to use either a video or slider in the header and comes with many plugins to serve a range of purposes of an event site. Meetup does not miss out any essential features that an event site needs.
- One-click demo content importer
- Advanced customization and theme options
- Meetup & Visual Composer plugins included
- Unlimited color options
- Advanced blog options
- Advanced TZ Plus Gallery options
- WooCommerce compatible
- Custom page templates & page options
- Advanced typography options
- Advanced background options
Choosing a theme is a really important part of the process for people putting on events as it’s often the first thing potential attendees will see before you registering for your event. We hope this article has simplified the process for you to find the best theme for you.