Promoting your real estate business is an exciting opportunity. You’re building your brand, creating engaging content for your audience, and helping people to find their perfect homes. Let’s take a look at how you can hone your branding and marketing tactics.
Firstly, here are some things to think about when you’re developing your real estate brand.
Real Estate Branding
1. Choose a Brand Name
Sometimes the simple things are the ones we forget, so remember to choose your real estate brand name wisely, and check that no-one else is using it.
2. Write a Vision Statement
To win clients, people need to know who you are and what you offer. Write a vision statement that sets out the values that you want to define your real estate business, and your business goals.
3. Design a Logo
Making an attractive, recognizable logo is an important part of brand development. You might want to hire a graphic designer to do this for you, or try creating a logo using a template. Remember these top tips when you’re designing your real estate logo.
- Avoid clichés! They might seem like fun but tons of other businesses like yours will be using them too.
- Keep it simple and professional.
- Make sure your logo colors reflect the personality and style of your brand.
4. Create a Business Card
We can all be guilty of making snap judgements, so make sure that when you hand over your business card, you’re making the right impression; you might only get one chance. Using a template to create a real estate business card means you can choose a style and layout you like, with the flexibility to change individual elements and put your own twist on it.
Marketing Your Real Estate Business
1. Make a Flyer
For promotions that are based in a particular locality, making a leaflet or flyer can still be one of the most effective ways to get the word out.
2. Use Social Media
The internet is where most of us are getting our information these days, so make sure your presence is both engaging and easy to find. You can do this by producing some great social media posts across the most popular channels, like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Make it easy for home buyers/sellers to share pictures by having ‘share to’ links/icons from your website.
- Sell an area, not just a home. People love it when you big up their hometown and it helps you to sell a lifestyle.
- Hire a photographer to take great pictures – poor lighting and images can put someone off even the most beautiful of homes.
- Think about having your happy customers give a testimonial that you can make into a video and share online.
Promoting your real estate business isn’t just good business sense, it’s a chance to have some fun and show the world what you love to do. Your first step will probably be to create your logo. Find out how to nail a design your clients will recognize and love, with our Logo Design Guide.
Discover our guide to social media strategy, including creating content, using social media tools, running social media ads.